Saturday, December 31, 2011

a very bingham christmas

This year for Christmas we drove up to good old Idaho to enjoy the holidays with the Binghams. This was a much needed vacation for the three of us. I don't know who loved it more, me or my mom. Tren was able to snuggle with everyone; Keegan loved telling us what Tren was thinking and what he needed, when he wasn't trying to beat me at MarioKart. It made me smile. He was so concerned and loving. What a good cousin.
I was so proud of myself, I told everyone we wouldn't get there until Christmas eve and so when we arrived on the 22nd for the big piano recital, it was a welcome surprise. This was especially great because we got to see Kristina's family. How wonderful! Then Christmas eve was spent at Uncle Richard and Aunt Carla's with part of the Gilbert clan.
 Christmas morning:
Waiting patiently for Layton to wake up so we can start.


Christmas was good to us this year, we received many gifts that will come in handy. Some of the major ones were a sewing machine, an ice cream maker, and Tren got some much needed bigger clothes along with his first John Deere.
Tren was also able to meet his other great grandparents during the holidays. Grandma Bingham was so happy we visited. I had been wanting to see her and show her Tren for a long time and I'm glad we fit it in. She told us he was around her 70th great-grandchild. What a wonderful lady to have such a big family and she remembers everyone.


Jared and I were given a date night before we left and it happened to be the same night that my family was going to a wedding reception. They had a photo booth there and Steph and Ali decided to put a feather boa on Tren and get a picture with their handsome date.
The week we spent there went way too fast and we're going to miss having so many people around to talk to and play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment