I have been procrastinating updating my blog for many lazy reasons but there is no excuse good enough to put off this. My wonderful grandmother passed away last week. It was something I was ready for and had been praying for since she was so sick but the loss of such a special person is something that affects you in ways you never would have thought. I have reflected a lot about all the memories I have of her: her candy machine, her love of music, how she always encouraged me in everything I did, and all the warm blankets and beautiful doilies she made me. Every time we had a planned visit my father would tell us to put together a song for Grandma so she could hear our talents. There were many times that I did not play well or my singing wasn't perfect but she always loved it. Even if her praise was followed by a smile and "just keep practicing".
The funeral was so beautiful. Every word that was said and every song performed was so perfectly centered around Grandma Bingham. You could really tell how loved this woman is. She lived a life where she put others first and every life she touched was made better. When you talked to her you knew you were her family, her legacy, her pride and joy, and she loved you very much. I am so happy that I know she is now in paradise with my Heavenly Father, serving and loving even more people.
As one last tribute we were able to perform one of her favorite songs at her request,
My Heavenly Father Loves Me. We recorded this before the funeral because we knew the actual performance would be a little more tear-filled. I can't think of a better way to honor my Grandma.
No comments:
Post a Comment