Tuesday, September 25, 2012

brigham city temple

A few weeks ago we happened to be driving through Brigham City and since Jared was avoiding doing his homework he suggested we just go look at the temple. We hadn't gotten around to getting tickets so we were going to walk around the outside. Well, Jared decided to be a little silly and as we were walking past an usher/parking attendant he said, (really really loudly) "I wish we could go inside, but we don't have tickets. I'm so curious about this building." His fake inquisitiveness paid off. The attendant told us where to go and we were inside the temple within 5 minutes.
Inside was gorgeous! I know that all temples are well thought out and beautiful but this one was so colorful. I loved seeing all the paintings, murals and furniture. I was seriously blown away by how simple concepts, put together in the right way, can create a sacred, peaceful feeling. After having a rough few weeks it was nice to sit back and recognize all the beauty that Heavenly Father has given us.  And I'm so glad that even though he won't remember it, Tren has already been inside a temple.

1 comment: