Monday, August 16, 2010

one last hoo-rah

Our friends Erin and Alonzo were getting married in Manti so we decided to make an end-of-summer trip out of it. We woke up early to be at the temple in time and actually ended up beating the bride and groom there because they were running late. We walked around the temple (got lost trying to get back to our car) and then went inside. It was fun seeing someone else get married even if the room was really crowded and I couldn't technically see them. Curse the fact that I'm short, Jared saw everything. Erin has been telling me about her wedding since January so it was great to see her finally get there. When I hugged her in the temple all she said was "I'm married!" with a huge smile on her face. Congratulations Erin and AJ!


Then it was on to lunch at a fun little malt shop in Ephraim. I love finding places like that. We drove back to Provo and spent some time with Bethany. My feet were hurting from my shoes since I haven't worn anything but flip-flops or tennis shoes all summer. We had to stop at the mall and buy me some new shoes before my feet fell off. I am very happy with my purchase so I guess its okay.
After we had spent a few hours with Beth (Jared napped for about an hour at her apartment) we went to Tucanos for dinner. It had been about 5 years or more since I had been to a Brazilian place for the never-ending meat. It was so good and my favorite was definitely the pineapple. We stuffed ourselves as much as we could without going into a food coma and then headed home.

1 comment:

  1. It's all about the pineapple really. Yummy. Sounds like a nice getaway. Onto school! Are you ready for the girls at your place?

    ReplyDelete