Thursday, May 13, 2010

a birthday to remember

I don't know if we'll be able to top this birthday for a while. Moving into your first apartment together kinda makes it a big deal. But it wasn't exactly all work and no play. We only actually cleaned and unpacked for about an hour. Jared woke me up at 6:45 with his present (an awesome 2-person sleeping bag and a pearl necklace)and we made pancakes and sausage for breakfast. (I had to help because Jared is still learning all the cooking tricks) After getting our new couches delivered we went to IKEA to buy some inexpensive furnishings. We limited ourselves to $100 and actually only spent $83. So it was quite a good day. We went out to Kim and Michael's new home and I think Jared got a little jealous of how nice it will all be. It's okay, we're (almost) newly weds, right? Then it was dinner at the Mayan and home to set up all our new stuff. We got everything hooked up in time for half a movie before I fell asleep. But all in all, I guess being 22 isn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment